Approach to Counselling & Therapy
It is Dr. Michael Dadson’s belief that “a compassionate approach with others, utilizing a wide range of skills in clinical therapy, is the best combination available to create an environment inspiring change in personal growth, and ultimately transformation.”
Dr. Michael Dadson (Mike Dadson) has always believed that humans have the ability to creatively and resourcefully solve inner injuries and personal challenges which they may be experiencing. Through several research trials, it has been shown that “people experience true progress and growth when they are nurtured in an environment which fosters respect, structure, and an abundance of support,” explains Dr. Michael Dadson.
In Dr. Mike Dadson’s practice, you will discover inclusions of the following assumptions:
- Every person has value and is able to realize that value through inner reflection.
- All people deserve respect and acceptance.
- Dr. Dadson’s practice is an environment of safety and acceptance, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, or any other identifier or factor.
- We can all change when given the right tools.
- People must accept responsibility for progress and successes and realize that their counselor is only a guide.
- Understanding the situation in-depth is a priority. Without a strong foundation of knowledge, we can’t hope to solve anything effectively.
Dr. Michael Dadson, Ph.D.
Langley based Clinical Counselling Approach
Dr. Michael Dadson has provided care and counseling for over 35 years. Dr. Dadson’s list of accreditations is substantial and can be found in the “About” section.
Dr. Michael Dadson (Mike Dadson) has a compassionate belief that with the proper combination of therapy in professional counselling, we all have the ability to heal, solve, manage, or overcome many mental health issues. Using a broad range of therapeutic approaches to create a relaxed and safe atmosphere of hope, transformation is possible.
Clinical studies have shown when people are provided safe, nurturing space, fostering respect, with structure and a wealth of support, people do experience change and growth to overcome issues.
Dr. Michael Dadson’s (Mike Dadson) practice is based on the following principals:
- Each individual is valuable and can realize that value through Every person has value and are able to realize their value when inner reflection becomes possible.
- Everyone is deserves to be accepted and respected.
- Regardless of gender, sexual identity, race, or religion Dr. Dadson’s practice is an environment of safety and acceptance.
- When provided with the foundation for new skills, people have the ability to change.
- Dr. Dadson also believes, a counselor is a guide and ultimately people are responsible for their success and progress.
- It is a priority to fully understand situations for a knowledge foundation to develop, effectively solving underlying causes and effects.
- Everyone can benefit from counselling, including counsellors. It is important and healthy to discuss feelings or stress issues affecting your life.
Dr. Michael Dadson (Mike Dadson)
Ph.D., Counselling Psychology Registered Clinical Counsellor
Dr. Michael Dadson has extensive experience in dealing with clients who are affected by trauma , PTSD and dissociation.
Dr. Mike Dadson was an active member and board member of the International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation (ISSTD) from 2016-2017 and was named a fellow in 2017 to the ISSTD.
From 2014 to 2018, Dr. Mike Dadson was the National Executive Director and the National Clinical Director of the Veterans Transition Network (VTN). Dr. Michael Dadson was also a Clinical Contractor with the VTN, delivering programs from 2013-2020.
During Dr. Mike Dadson’s tenure as the Executive and Clinical Director for the VTN, his works were presented to the STANDING COMMITTEE ON PUBLIC SAFETY AND NATIONAL SECURITY.
I will do my best to respond to you within 24 hours using our online booking forms. Alternatively, I can be reached in my office at 778-554-0174 to book an appointment.
Dr. Michael Dadson’s counselling session is $175/hr taxes included (50 minute hour).
Various forms of financial assistance can be found here.
Neurofeedback Session Fees:
Individual sessions-$120/hr plus taxes (50 minute hour)
Couples session rates are $175/hr plus taxes (50 minute hour)
Dr. Michael Dadson continues to help a full range of diverse individuals, couples, and families overcome stress, depression, anxiety, Trauma, PTSD, dissociative disorders, adjustment issues and developmental attachment injuries. Dr. Dadson’s publications in the areas of trauma and PTSD recovery, dissociation identity disorder (DID), and father and son relationships, can be found under the “Publications” Section above.
For a full list of Dr. Mike Dadson’s areas of expertise, please visit the “Our Expertise” section above.
Dr. Michael Dadson adheres to the code of ethics as set out by the Canadian Association of Clinical Counsellors and Psychotherapy (CCC) Association.
Counselling sessions are confidential. However as noted in section B, counselling and therapy responsibilities of the CCC, exceptions include when a need is presented to prevent defined and immediate danger to a client or others, or when a court orders disclosure.
Neurofeedback is a non-invasive therapeutic, intervention treatment method that assists you to consciously control your brain wave patterns.
Click here for more information on Neurofeedback.
The result of neurofeedback treatment can be greater relaxation, a sense of ease and emotional resilience. Among other neurological and mental health issues, Neurofeedback has been used in the treatment of ADHD, trauma and PTSD recovery, anxiety, depression, epilepsy, ASD, insomnia and drug addiction (Larson, S 2006).
Low energy neurofeedback system (LENS) is safe and effective neurofeedback therapy. In contrast to traditional neurofeedback (requiring your involvement in retraining your brain), the LENS software does all the work to remove blockages that may be causing your symptoms.
A neurofeedback session will take between 45 minutes to 60 minutes.
The Neurofeedback process is based on the needs and goals of individual clients.
Your therapist or counsellor will discuss the number of recommended sessions with you based on your needs and treatment goals.